Re: No Sense in the UK

 --- Received from ITNET.GREENPH  715 4078	   30/01/97 10.20
   -> SM.IBMMAIL.INTERNET
   -: - - - - - - - - - - > EXTERNAL MAIL USER

 Subject: Re: No Sense in the UK

 It was for the British Open.

 Phil Green.

 Tue, 28 Jan 1997 Mark.TanserOpowertech.co.uk wrote:

 > I don't think it's a "transcription" somehow... I've certainly never heard
 ...the
 > majority of that excellent piece played by an orchestra.
 > Also I'd like to hear an orchestras attempt at some of the solo passages
 > especially the flugel solo!

 No, it's an original piece, written for the 1991 (help!) nationals?  It's
 the only paganini variations written for brass band, though I think there
 is a transcription of part of Rachmaninov's Rhapsody

 --
   Alastair Wheeler
   Euphonium, Bass Trombone

 --
 njhOsmsltd.demon.co.uk. For information about this list, including how to
 listservOsmsltd.demon.co.uk.

 ---- End of mail text

 Additional SMTP headers from original mail item follow: