Hello!

Hello, all you brassbandplayers out there.  I've just been added to this
list and hope to find much interesting in here.

I am a Norwegian Brassband player and are now repearing for the
norwegian Nationals to be held in Bergen 7. and 8. febr.  I'm playing
solocornet with a local band, (Orskog Brass
http://www.himolde.no/~roarg/brass.htm).  This year we are playing in
2nd section, and are hoping to be no. one or no. two.  If we manage this
we are to play in 1st next yaer.   We are going to play Dean Goffins
"Rhapsody for Brass" as own chose piece (not a set-piece in the section)

I'm also principal at a music-school, and are teaching cornet/trumpet
and are counducting some schoolbands.  (both wind and Brass)

I'm graduated from Volda Collage, and studied cornet-playing for three
years with Nils Ose.

And now a question too all of you out there.   A friend of mine just
bought a cornet (B&H 928GS Silver), and at some notes (low D and C#) he
gets some VERY BAD resonace from something on the cornet.  We have not
figuerd out where, or what part of the cornet it is, but have someone of
you out there had similar problems?  And have any of you coment of what
to do with it?

  Trond  Otto Berg
  Principal
  Stranda Music School, Norway