RE: ISB vs. EGON

Hi all,
some good points here.  I too, do think that we'll see a truely international
staff band, although, it would be possible to get some of the best players
together, they need time to adjust to each other and so a lot of practise would
have to go before they start to challenge some of the other bands.

Also, the selection of players would just be from one guy, so his (or her!)
idea of a premier band may not be the idea of anothers.

For example, the Egon band (I assume) was chosen by James Williams, but it
sounds completely differenet to the ISB.

I know that a few years ago, there were one or two names in the ISB which
weren't British, but its never been a truely international band.

Egon : yeah, i've been a little curious about this.  They're not an SA band as
such.  Sure they're made up of SA players, but they exist to make recordings I
believe.  Correct me if i'm wrong please.  Now, do the bandsmen get any money
for playing in the band?   It seems to me that they are playing to get money
into the egon company.  If you get a good band together full of good players
then people are going to buy their cd's and as far as I can see, all this money
is going into Egon's accounts and they're getting lots of publicity for next to
nothing.

As for Intrada brass...I don't know anything about them so I won't comment on
it.  Are they the same as the Egon band?

Anyway,  regards,

[snip]

--
Gregor Spowart <gregors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

...... In case of emergency - RUN!!!!!!! ......