NABBA Instant Band - small corrections

Errata and addenda...

Hate to bother you with this re-post (I cut it back a bit) but in my
youthful enthusiasm, I got a few details wrong and left out some stuff.

The section we are going to compete in is Championship, not Challenge.

We have to play up to three pieces, to fill the timeslot. Current
thinking is we would use Resurgam, a BIG contrast to NJ and it would
also useful to develop the sense of ensemble that we will  need. If we
need more music, it will probably be a march -- Praise, or something
from the contesting field.

Progress is being made!  Please pass this message on to  your friends
at your next rehearsal. We have to confirm our participation with NABBA
by __Sat Feb 8__ (Yes, that's just 6 days plus a bit). I'll send out a
progress note by mid-week.

I added Janice Larose's e-mails in additon to mine for replies.

	  The INSTANT Band -- Just add music and stir!

Wanted: Contesting orphans (Band can't go or doesn't do contests)
with ATTITUDE and skill, to compete at NABBA as an Instant Band.
Our appeal is open to any bandie who is interested, whether you live in
North America or across the pond. Need a Holiday in mid-April?

The Woods Manufacturing Co. Brass Band  (Ottawa, Ontario,  Canada) will
not be participating in this year's NABBA (North American Brass Band
Association) competition in  Redwing, Minnesota, April 18&19 (Fri&Sat). <:(

However....  David Druce, our bandmaster, would like to form an Instant
Band of interested players and enter us as a participant. Since we  do
not meet the requirements of a competing band, we would not be able to
win a prize; we could only get a mark.

Even without a prize for the effort, we would know we had done better
than anyone else, and so would the others!

To do this as an instantly organized band requires an aggressive
approach. It is definitely not for the faint of heart, nor for naysayers
and whiners.

This is what is involved:

*  David Druce as conductor
*  two 12-hr. days of rehearsal on Apr. 17 and 18
*  compete in CHAMPIONSHIP section on Apr. 19
*  Woods will supply the music parts to interested participants
*  participants chosen by audition: a tape of you playing; a phone call;
   live audition if you're in/near Ottawa; maybe even just your
   say-so, but you better be up to the task!
*  you practice on your own or in small groups with a recording until we
   can get together
*  you must be a NABBA member when we play (Small member fee, $25.00 I think)
*  Woods will pay the contest entry fee
*  transportation and all other costs are yours alone to bear

If you are interested and enthusiastic about wanting to do this, contact
me or Janice LaRose via e-mail:

  Hal Floysvik:    work:  hal@xxxxxxxxx
  Janice LaRose:   work:  larosej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
		   home:  janice03@xxxxxxxxxxx

Supply the following info:

*  your name
*  instrument(s) and position(s) played
*  a way of contacting you: e-mail; tel_no., etc.
*  your location
*  are you a NABBA member?

We have 6 days (to Feb 8) to get a full band. Have no fear -- GO for it!

...Hal

P.S., if you can't do it this year, but like the concept and would like
to plan for next year, let us know; we'll keep a list  of interested
people and will keep in touch with you during the year.