...of many things.

I must apologise to those frumious readers of the brass band list who were
misled by my description (see below) of Wolfhart Lustig's invention, but I
thought that Carlos Riwel and the Liddel Press would have immediately
indicated that the book I mentioned could be purchased from the
Bandersnatch Bookshop.

>Which reminds me of an invention  (c. 1930) by the Bohemian cornet maker
>Wolfhart Lustigwho after observing the wobble of a  golf ball in flight
>designed a double crook, one side of which was normal while the other had a
>dimpled air way.   There was a trigger with which the player could
>alternate from one crook to the other.   The dimpled one produced a vibrato
>effect without the player having to alter his technique in any way.
>
>I don't know if this was ever produced commercially.   You can read more
>about it in "The Physics and Mathematics of Musical Instruments" by Carlos
>Riwel (Liddel Press, 1993).

Jack Alexander
Waverley Bondi Beach Band
Sydney   Australia