Re: Intrada Brass (was ISB vs. EGON)

------------44CF126E52320

------------74A623E85E191

Gregor Spowart wrote:

> As for Intrada brass...I don't know anything about them so I won't
comment on
> it.  Are they the same as the Egon band?

The Intrada Brass is a group made up of "hand picked" (read with snooty
sounding voice) musicians in the south-western Ontario region, with
members from as far east as Pickering (east of Toronto) and as far west
as London. Originally, this group was created as a recording band, much
like the Egon Virtuosi.

Naturally, many Salvationist bandmembers participate in the group, but
its membership is not limited to S.A. players, or even Christians for
that matter. As long as you can play (and we know about it) and we need
you, you stand a good chance of coming on board.

The players change constantly, due to other committments, and I doubt if
we've ever had the same personnel from one rehearsal or gig to the next.
There's a core of about 15 to 20 that are consistently there. I've been
with the group since its inception (and before it was the Intrada
Brass--it was the unknown "Jubilate Brass"). It's a great opportunity to
meet new people, though.

So, I don't know that I've answered your question. Outside of the fact
that we've done almost as many recordings as we have live gigs, can
anyone confirm from my description that the Intrada Brass is in any
other way like Egon?

Regards,

Robert Miller
Euphonium, Intrada Brass
rmiller@xxxxxxxx

------------74A623E85E191

------------74A623E85E191--

------------44CF126E52320

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Robert Miller
N:Miller;Robert
ADR:;;128-400 Mississauga Valley Blvd.;Mississauga;Ontario;L5A 3N6
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmiller@xxxxxxxx
TEL;WORK:(416) 422-6162
TEL;FAX:(416) 422-6160
TEL;HOME:(905) 275-3680