Re: Yeovil Contest...thats entertainment!!

>     The question being WHAT IS ENTERTAINMENT?????????
>
>     My opinion is that the music itself should entertain me and not
>     the visual effects. Has anyone else out there got any comments.

mmmmmmm.........I have..........when we competed at Spennymour this
year with Mr Gourlay it was our specific intention to devote as much
time and effort into the entertainment side (BOTH  visual and in
content) as the Music side. After all there are always a hefty amount
of points to be won for ectertainment. Entertainment must be the whole
product....music, and a certain amount of showmanship.......light
music such as that chosen for entertainments contents is by nature
meant to be entertaining an audience.......the proof is nearly always
the response given by the audience even when another band may have
played better........especially as we are not talking of a massive
difference in standards of bands (i.e.Marple-Besses-Corys).......think
of two comedians with differing material.........the one with the
better delivery will usually be the most successful even though the
other may have better material.......anyway I don't know if that makes
any sense but thtas just off the top of my head!!!!!

Simon.