Re: Intrada Brass (was ISB vs. EGON)

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Robert Miller wrote:

>The players change constantly, due to other committments, and I doubt if
>we've ever had the same personnel from one rehearsal or gig to the next.
>There's a core of about 15 to 20 that are consistently there. I've been
>with the group since its inception (and before it was the Intrada
>Brass--it was the unknown "Jubilate Brass"). It's a great opportunity to
>meet new people, though.

Egon is pretty similar on this count, with about 10 players who have done
all of the recordings, these were, if my memory serves me correct:

Ken Loukes (Soprano, who is my father)
Robert Gill (Solo Cornet)
Peter Knightley (Baritone)
Nathan Jenkins (1st Trombone)
Paul Woodward (Ist Trombone)
Ian Spowart (2nd Trombone Gregor's Dad's cousin)
Stuart Horton(Bass Trombone)
MArtin Collett(Bb Bass)
Carl Woodman (Eb/Bb Bass)
Neil Britton (Percussion)

There are a number of players who have done three, and have had to miss
one due to other commitments, such as Jonathan Evans, the principal
euphonium player, who i think was honeymooning when one of the CDs was
done. It will be interesting to see what new players might come in for the
next CD.

Cheers

// Simon Loukes:	     Web Maintainer :
// The Complete MOD Site     www.warwick.ac.uk/~bsuvj/MOD/