FW: No Swing in the U.K.?

Tom sheridan wrote

To discover swing, you really have to *listen* to swing music.
Recorded, or preferably live. There is no other way.

How about a shortlist of three tracks from CDs that best display
the elements of swing to someone wanting to learn?

This is quite a good idea and to start the ball rolling, I can't think of a
better example than Basie's "The Atomic Mr Basie" - I'm sure this has now
been released on CD as well. (includes Cute, Lil Darlin', Kids from Red
Bank, Flight of the Foo Birds etc).
And of course, Tom is spot on that the best way to experience this is live
and there's no shortage of that - in the Brighton area for example, there
are 5 or so rehearsal bands within a 15 mile radius plus, of course, we can
get Jazz FM down here.

Andy Wooler
Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Public Relations Officer, SCABA, + Cyberband
awooler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (01273)882539