RE: ISB vs. EGON

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Simon Loukes wrote:

> As far as the ISB is concerned it would be more accurate to call them the
> London and South East Staff Band, although since the vast majority of them
> do not work for the army, as staff band members did in the past, perhaps
> the Staff should be replaced by representative

Maybe, but I believe that for some of the players, the band invite them
from their home corps to come and play with them.  My dad was invited to
play with them and they said that they'd give him a job at IHQ and a flat
as well.   However, he was too fond of Scotland to move down there.
However, Derick Kane is from Hamilton, in Scotland, and Gordon Camsey, is
from Sunderland if i remember correctly.  Paul Graham is from Ayr.  So,
maybe the band is made up of players from all over the country, its just
that they all move to London and attend corps down there.

Although, i'm not sure if they get people from abroad all that often.

Regards,

Gregor Spowart