Re: NABBA Instant Band

The Woods Manufacturing brass band use french horns as well as the more
traditional alto horn.  For my ears, there are some pieces that seem to
be better with the alto and some with the french. For example, we've
been working on Isaiah 40 and using the french horn imparts a lovely
"edge" to some of the chords that just isn't do-able with the alto.

I think sometimes we get too hung up on tradition. Didn't the early
brass bands use keyed bugles? Howcome we aren't forced to use those in
a "traditional" brass band? Maybe the early bands were more progressive?!!

...Hal