Contest results

City Band continues to go from strength to strength.  The results from
the Championship section at the Milton Keynes entertainment contest
(yesterday! aaargh!) are

1 Staffordshire B S     190
2 City of Oxford	187
3 Morrells (Kidlington) 186
4 ???????Hendon???????  185

with 6 bands playing, Friary withdrawing.

Not bad, seeing as we are actually technically a first section band now......

In case you're interested, our program was

American Fanfare
Rhythm and Blues (test piece)
I'd rather have Jesus
Firedance
Loves sweet song
Dances and Arias (finale)

and I had some fun on the old chainsaw.... In fact, my lip broke 4 days
ago and I carried on playing on a load of scar.  Time for a rest....

--
  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium, Bass Trombone