Re: Jim Wiliiams

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Andrew Hill wrote:

> > Dave & Raymond,
> >
> > Yes it is true that James Williams will be retiring and Richard Phillips
> > will take over as bandmaster at Enfield.  I would like to know Raymonds
> > views on the subject as the term "yikes" can be interpreted in many ways.
>
> Yeah, Phil, I too would like to know what is meant by "Yikes". Is it
> meant in a bad way, or in a good way ? From a personal point of view
> being a member of the band myself, and having seen him (Richard) in
> action at our Territorial Music School, I think he's an excellent choice
> as replacement, and I'm sure the rest of the band thinks so too.

Well since I wrote the comment in the first place I think I should
explain myself.  I did reply but sent it to Phil only.

I think using "yikes" wasn't the right choice of wording.  I was just
suprised to hear of the change over but when you think about it, it was
going to happen sooner than later.  I've just seen Richard conduct and
wan't overly inpressed.  I can't base my opinion on one evenings
concert though.  As for a "band trainer" I have never sat under Richard
so it wouldn't be fair to say anything at all.  I guess time will tell!
(future Enfield recordings).  He is certainly a very talented gentleman to
say the least!

> Andrew Hill
> Eb Horn Enfield/Norwich Citadel S.A. Band   <---- huh?  Alternate corps
							  every Sunday (he he)

Andrew, any plans to return to CANADA this summer for NATIONAL '97?

Mark (Raymond).