Re: brass band instrumentation

In message "brass band instrumentation", you write:

> Re:Just a question; Would the Woods band be competing in the Open section or
> Re:another (Honors or Championship) this year?
> Re:
<... Snip! ...>

The Instant Band will be _playing_ in the Championship section with
traditional brass band instrumentation.

Woods Manufacturing Brass Band is, unfortunately, cot competing at NABBA this
year because of costs.

The emphasis is on playing and being marked along with the best in North
America . We can't compete for a prize because we don't fit the rules.
Our intent is to take part in the competition for  the sheer joy of
doing it, and to provide a vehicle for others who are in the same
position (want to compete but band can't/won't) or who have never
competed and want to see what it is like. This would be a good way for a
band that has never competed to send out a few "scouts" to  see what it
is like and what is involved preparation-wise.

...Hal