RE: brass band instrumentation

A few quick comments on this subject

>----------
wrote

>>Euphonium - or Baritone for some of our american friend (as terms are
>>interchangeable)
 The definition from the instrumentalist that best covers this is:
If you pull the tuning slide out and put it in backwards, then if it
fits it's a baritone, if it doesn't it's a Euphonium.

>>our french horn player have yet to hear an Eb horn player play the Strauss
>>Horn concerto
I have heard this in a solo competition, and it was horrible!

Rolf Miezitis
First Baritone
Glenorchy City Concert Brass