Jazz

We played through Phil Wilby's new piece Jazz on Monday with Phil
conducting. I think that there most definitely will be' swing in the
UK' if anyone is going to produce a good performance of this piece at
the All England Masters contest in Cambridge. It's a great piece which
I'm sure will be a winner with audiences. However, conductors and
players will have some headaches playing this kind of music which are
not normally experienced when playing mainstream brass band
repertoire. I look forward to some heated debate in the band press and
on this list once everyone has got stuck into Jazz.

Regards

Leslie McCormack	       EMC Engineer
York EMC Services	     Department of Electronics
University of York		Tel: +44 (0) 1904 434440
Email les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Fax: +44 (0) 1904 434434