Re: Richard Philips

  • To: brass-band <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Richard Philips
  • From: Geoff Collins <geoffrey.collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:29:43 +0000 (GMT)
  • Autoforwarded: false
  • Disclose-recipients: prohibited
  • Hop-count: 2
  • Ua-content-id: 11B26B1D2A00
  • X400-mts-identifier: [;0443291213021997/A06639/CSD06V]

>Has Richard been in the corps and the band for a while, or is he
>coming (from Chatham i think) just to take the band?

I have just been talking to a member of Chatham band and from what
he knows Richard leaves Chatham in April and takes over Enfield
in November.

His mother, Pat, used to work with me here at GEC-Marconi Avionics
and enjoyed listening to our Band, can't get better approval that that.

Talking of S.A bands its rather ironic that the Tune book no.3 we play with
was donated to us by Watford Citadel as they don't have a band any more.
They also kindly let us practice in their hall before the National area
qualifiers, something we will be missing out on this year.

Unfortunately I will be unsubscribing next week as I am changing jobs to
Computing Devices Hastings (the competition).  Any GEC band enquiries can
be sent to Carole Spry (Carole.spry@xxxxxxxx). If I get a new Email I will
let you know, if not all the best.

Regards
Geoff Collins BB bass
GEC-Marconi Avionics Brass Band, Rochester, England.