Milton Keynes 4th Section

Rob

I was a steward at the M.K Contest as I wanted to see my old
band's performance... The Suffolk Fire Service Band.

I only have a very minimal recollection of results, as follows...

1  British Airways
2
3
4  Suffolk Fire Service

Fire Service were supposed to have been placed third, but had ran
20 seconds over on their performance, so were dropped a place! They
also won the soloist prize, with Phil Skuse on cornet playing Nessun
Dorma. Phil is an amazing player, he's been asked many times to play
for Black Dyke, but he doesn't want the hassle and pressure of a top
band.

Just about all of the bands were brilliant... I really can't imagine how
some of them are only fourth section... most seemed to be better than the
second and third section performances I heard.

Sorry this is all the info I can recall.

Regards

Kris M. Leech, The Shirley Band (Championship Section)
	       Suffolk Fire Service Band (4th)
	       Stowmarket Concert Band (-)