Re: BBW Homepage.

Don Cooper wrote:
>The BBW site DOES  use a frames design, and as far as I can tell from
>the source HTML, there is no provision for non-frames browsers.  I use
>Netscape 3.0 (32-bit) and have no problems.
>
>Most sites are now using frames and/or Java and it is now almost a
>necessity to use a frames capable browser.  If you can't afford to buy
>the latest Netscape, why not try Microsoft Internet Explorer?  I don't
>think it is as good as Netscape, but it is FREE (you can get it from the
>CD's on the front of most PC magazines - probably cheaper than trying to
>download it from Microsoft's web site) and it is a definite improvement
>over Netscape 1.1.
>
>Happy Surfing,
>
>Don Cooper,
>Glossop Old Band,
>cardpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Don_Cooper (FRAMES DESIGN!!!!)

I just wish it were so simple :-(

Not all users are able to upgrade so easily.  My surfboard is a unix
workstation lunchtime/after hours at work, with Netscape 1.1.  Internet
Explorer is not an option for unix.  The company has to *pay* for an
upgrade to Netscape 3, and is dragging its feet on this one.

Many web sites have a 'no-frames' option accessed via a (non-frames)
home page.  I don't know how much effort it is to do this, but I for
one appreciate it.

Frames-only sites are now closed off to everyone here.  We can't even
get the email addresses to tell them.

Tom Sheridan
Percussionist, Failsworth Band
Manchester, UK