Re: Baritone/Baritone - alto cornet?

Henry,
	Many thanks for the historical detail on instruments and their
names - sounds like quite a collection you've got there !

My original message was an attempt at trying to explain the differences
based on instruments that are generally around now, and based on my own
personal experiences.

I would just like to point out that I personally was certainly not
intending to pour scorn on any instrument, regardless of the name, and the
reference to the Yamaha was purely to try to help answer someone's question
and give an example of baritone-like instrument (although it was actually a
euph !) with 4-in-line valves.

I do agree however with your sentiments that resulting discussions have
given inconsistent descriptions of instruments and their names, largely due
I believe to the fact that (as you point out) there are no hard and fast
rules.

Steven Booth