Re: BBW Homepage.

Tom Sheridan wrote:

> I just wish it were so simple :-(
>
> Not all users are able to upgrade so easily.  My surfboard is a unix
> workstation lunchtime/after hours at work, with Netscape 1.1.  Internet
> Explorer is not an option for unix.  The company has to *pay* for an
> upgrade to Netscape 3, and is dragging its feet on this one.

Point taken!

> Many web sites have a 'no-frames' option accessed via a (non-frames)
> home page.  I don't know how much effort it is to do this, but I for
> one appreciate it.

I'm currently updating Glossop Band's Web Site and I intended to remove
the (limited) non-frames access I had previously incorporated.  It can
be quite difficult to provide non-frames access when using a frame which
contains an index and a frame for viewing content. The design also
suffers because the larger viewing area of a non-frames browser can
cause havoc with pages designed for a frame.  Two parallel sets of pages
might be the only satisfactory answer, and yes, that does take a lot of
effort.

> Frames-only sites are now closed off to everyone here.  We can't even
> get the email addresses to tell them.

Ok Tom.  I will try to cater for non-frames users for a little longer.
The main problem now is that I don't have Netscape 1.1 so I can't check
how it looks!

Don Cooper,
Glossop Old Band,
cardpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,