From: Graham Young
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 1994 12:13 PM
To: Guy Clark
Subject: RE: Baritone/Baritone

I remember reading somewhere that the Eb was called the soprano
and the Bb cornet the contralto cornet by Adolph Sax.
While at the Great American Brass Band Festival I had
the oportunity to hear the Saxton Cornet Band playing
original Civil War instruments and arrangements.
The soprano parts were played by two Eb cornets.
leaving the second parts to the Bb 'contralto"
cornets.

--
Trumpets and Soprano Cornet
Symphony Hamilton, McMaster Chamber Orchestra

Graham Young
(905)575-8440