Re: COMPUTER SCAM

I realize that if the warning about this computer scam isn't music related,
neither is this follow-up, but here it is anyways.

I have received now three notices this week about this scheme.  And every
person that has sent it has been well-meaning and I appreciate each
person's concern for others.  However, seeing as I doubt highly it's the
same group of people operating in the UK, the US and Canada (from where
each of these messages have come to me), might I just suggest that people
everywhere simply use common sense in dealing with such telephone calls.  I
would be shocked to find someone who actually provided information such as
the value of computer equipment, times that they would or would not be
available and other personal information.

But I have taken up enough of everyone's time.  As I said, I appreciate the
warning, but take it with a grain of salt - although that warning might
have come from Chicago or anywhere else, common sense can be a valuable
weapon in stopping crime.  (Like being careful not to leave an instrument
in a car - especially an unlocked vehicle!)  (There's the musical angle!)

Erik Pittock
pittock@xxxxxxxx