Re: Ern Keller Band of the Year

Mark Corben wrote:

> Hello All,
> Just to let all that are interested know. Waratah Mayfield won the Ern
> Keller Band of the year Trophy last night. It was a well organised
> and supported evening indeed. St Marys Band and Band Club should
> be very proud of this event, it really is a great night for all.
>
> Mark Corben

Congratulations to W-M on your win. I'm sure you'll go well
in the forthcoming Nationals in Newcastle.

As you know, Warringah Concert Brass has just been promoted to A-Grade
and we will be competing in the A-Grade Nationals for the first time
this Easter. We've not set our sights too high yet. We aim to beat
at least one A-Grader!

The test piece, Coal River (re to Newcastle) is shaping up to be an
excellent piece, albeit pretty hard for us at the momment.
Does anyone remember the 1970s piece commissioned for Newcastle
composed by Anne Carr-Boyd? I performed in the world premier
in the Civic Theatre. Exciting stuff it was, but quite atonal.

Darrall Cutting