Re: Training Video

Hello the list!

I don't know if a training video for conductors is available, but I think
days of  sitting through performances at the upcoming Regionals would
provide more than enough material for a whole series of "How to... and How
Not to" films.

There could be whole new genres of style that are worthy of points if (God
forbid) we ever let the poor old ajudicators out of their boxes. There is
the "cher" who starts, stops, ralls, accelerandos, crescendos,
diminuendos with barely a movement of an eyebrow - the windmill who is is
his counterpart (and my favourite) - the clockwork conductor etc. etc.

I think John Clease and Handmade Films are the people to approach. I think
it will be a big hit! :-)

Charles Biscoe
Euphonium, Wellington Silver Band (Somerset)