Eternal Flame as a horn solo

If you recall, some months ago I mentioned an arrangement of Eternal Flame
as a horn solo and the need to sort out the copyright issue.

It's been a long time and I thought I'd let you know the status of this.

The copyright is held jointly by EMI and Sony. EMI referred me to Studio
Music. Studio Music gave me verbal permission (subject to a fee). Sony
didn't even return `phone calls.

Eventually I lost patience and asked Carlton Main Frickley Band if they'd
like the solo saying they'd have to get permission, hoping this may get
Sony into action. Sony have agreed to Frickley using the arrangement (free
of charge). So I told Carlton Main to go to Studio Music to get permission
under the same arrangement (no pun intended). Now it's Studio Music's turn
to not return `phone calls (well faxes in this case).

So to all of you expressing an interest in the solo (I guess from the number
of enquires that like me you're all unhappy at the low level of horn solos)
all I can say is "I haven't forgotten you", and will try to keep you posted.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Conductor, Arranger, Band Tutor. Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fidonet: Nigel Horne @ 2:253/417.49; Packet: G0LOV@GB7SYP.#19.GBR.EDU;