Subject: Tameside Open Brass Band Champioship
Author:  cardpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at smtpgate
Date:    07-04-97 01:48

Hi All,

Just arrived back from a great days contesting at a new event; the
Tameside Open Brass Band Festival held at the Tameside Hippodrome in
Aston-under-Lyne.  The local council have pledged support for the
contest for the next three or four years; hopefully it will become an
annual event.  All sections were Own Choice and the prizes in all four
sections were $500, $300 and $200 so it's worth looking out for this
event next year.

FIRST SECTION
*************
Adjudicator: James Scott

1 Glossop Old  Trittico			190
2 Frecklton    Five Blooms in a Welsh Garden   189
3 Tyldesley    Diadem of Gold		  186

Unconfirmed placings;
4 Hade Edge	  Year of the Dragon
5 British Aerospace  Festival Music
6 Stalybridge	Festival Music

SECOND SECTION
Adjudicator: James Scott

1 Ashton-u-Lyne    Plantagenets     188
2 Bedworth Brass       ?	    185
3 Dobcross Silver  Ballet for Band  183

I didn't manage to get the results for the Third and Fourth Sections.

Don Cooper
Glossop Old Band
cardpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Don_Cooper/