Subject: Re: Brass Band Tradition
Author:  carole.spry@xxxxxxxx at smtpgate
Date:    14-04-97 10:05

Please, please leave the Brass Band alone - some of us happen to like it as it
is.  Does every thing have to change just 'cos we are reaching the year 2000?
By all means concoct a different ensemble but don't tie it in with Brass Bands.
 Adrian's suggested instrumentation bears no resemblance to a Brass Band and is
a totally new grouping and should have a name as such (how about Symphonic Brass
Orchestra).  I agree, sometimes it is good to have a different instrument play
in a Brass Band but only as a 'novelty' item (I don't mean that derogatorily)
and not as a permanent feature.

There we are - got that off my chest.

Carole Spry
BBb Bass