Re: Music Folders

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Mandy Forsyth wrote:

> Hello and HELP!
>

> I'm looking for some ideas on music folders. Currently my band uses
> cardboard wallets which we find are not strong enough to withstand a
> whole summer of playing!  Has anyone on the list got any alternative
> folder ideas - perhaps even the way your band stores music!.
> ( It was suggested we perhaps use A4 folders with plastic
> wallets inside.... I though this wouldn't work well ..any views on

I have used these in two ways: with OU Jazz Orchestra, we keep the music
in the wallets, and play with the folder on the stand.  This means we
spend a little time copying/cutting/folding the dots, but it is very quick
to change betwwen numbers.

At City Band, we take the music out, but seeing as we then rehearse it and
put it back it's convenient to have things in alphabetical order.

> this too?)
>
> I can be emailed on the number below if you prefer!
> Thanks
>

> Mandy Forsyth
> Librarian
> Bon Accord Silver Band, Aberdeen