Re: BRASS TREASURE HUNT

Gene H. Chan wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Erik wrote:
>
> > At 04:29 AM 07/06/97 +0800, you wrote:
> >
> > >Greetings from Singapore!
> > >By any chance, would anyone like to fill me in which CDs have the
> > >recordings for:
> > >
> > >1/ Deep Passage		      Emil Soderstrom
> > >2/ Steadily Onward		       Eric Leidzen
> > >3/ Canadian Folk Song Suite  Morley Calvert
> [snip...]
> > three that I know for sure are on CD.  I know of a few recordings of
> > Canadian Folk Song Suite but those are on vinyl.  I'm sure CFSS is on CD
> > somewhere, perhaps it might be on a Hannaford Street Silver Band (a
> > Canadian brass band) CD.
>
>	 I have "Suite on Canadian Folk Songs" by Morley Calvert on a CD.
> It's titled "Celebration", performed by Princess Patricia's Canadian Light
> Infantry Band, on the Attic Records label, number BLD 212, copyright 1990.
>
> ---------------------
> Gene H. Chan					       genechan@xxxxxxxxx
> Burnaby, BC, Canada				       gene_chan@xxxxxxxxx
> Summer Pops Youth Orchestra			http://www.vcn.bc.ca/spyo/
> Little Mountain Brass Band	      http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/6222/
>
> --
The Princess Pat's version of the Canadian Folk Song Suite is a
concert/military/wind /band version which Morley arranged  but did not
publish. The original Brass Band version is on Hannaford Street Silver
Band's CD "The Hannaford Street Silver Band" issued in 1991 by the CBC
Records, PO Box 500, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5W 1E6.
You might also check out the Simply Brass Web Site at
www.hookup.net/~ralvarez.
 Morley wrote this piece in 1967 for the SA Earlscourt Citadel (now
Yorkminster) Band to play at Expo 67. The first movement was taken from
his Monteregian Hills Suite for brass quintette. The 2nd and 3rd are new
for the piece.
Regards, Dave Buckley.