Cornish bands

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, John R. Heydt wrote:

> From what l have heard I would think that the Camborne band is
> probably the best brass band in Cornwall.   However, I have nothing to back
> that up except what I have heard.   Does anyone know whether they are the
> best band in Cornwall or are there any others as good or better?

I have been told that Bodmin are possibly the best brass band in Cornwall.
St Austel are also very successful.
However, I have also been told to say that Helston is by far the best band
to play for. This is because my friend Nikki is in it. (Her words not
mine)
Hope that this clears up the subject.

Stuart Jackson
University of Warwick Brass.