RE: Issiah 40

Assuming we are talking about cornets (though I thought 113 would be
closer to a low B), I use a different technique for pedal tones, and
this seems to slot in better than anything else I've tried. I just
finger the pedal tones as I normally would for the major seventh higher.
 So,
Pedal F:	1+2
E:		2+3
Eb:		1+3
D:		1+2+3
Db:		1+2+3 (lipped down)
C:		open (lipped up slightly)
B:		open (lipped down slightly)

You can continue down from there, but generally it gets pretty tough
after that.  Note that these settings work on my Yamaha cornet, and each
instrument has slightly different pitch on the pedal C. The pedal C and
B have much better tone usually than Db up to F.

Eric Woodsworth
Solo Cornet
Saskatoon Brass Band