Political Correctness

Does anybody else feel that tinge of annoyance when faced with 'Politically
Correct' neutralization of the sexes.

I am a Bandsman ( or Bandsm'n if you wish), my wife is a Bandsman also.
Nothing to do with the masculine gender, Bandsman is just a collective term
for players in a band, in the same way as you would have a shoal of fish, a
herd of cattle, a pack of wolves etc. etc. etc.

What in heavens name then is a 'Bandsperson'!!

If female bandsmen really do take offense at the term BANDSMAN, then surely
the banding world can have some common sense and let us all be ' Players '.
I'd much rather see a sign at a contest for ' Players Entrance ' than '
Bandspersons Entrance'.

Your comments welcome.

Kevin.

	       Kevin & Pam Smith