Silent Brass Mute

Hello all

has anyone had any experience with the Yamaha Silent Brass mute for flugel
horn.

Our flugel player purchased on from Giardinelli's in the States and when she
got it the sound in the headphones at full volume was like she was playing
in the next room at ppp.  She send the mute back at her expense and the
replacement was exactly the same.

Has anyone had any problems with this mute?  I have tried the trombone model
in my tenorhorn and the result was astounding.

Cheers

Sergio Marshall
Solo horn
Waikato Times Hamilton Brass