Re: Silent Brass Mute

Hi,

I have to use a mute all the time as I live in an appartment block and
unfortunately the other people don't appreciate my playing very much. I've
been using the silent brass mute (trombone version) in my tenor horn for
over a year. Whilst it's not as good as no mute it's great compared to my
old practice mute. I was quite surprised when I first used it that the
volume and reverb have to be on at least half full volume to get a decent
enough sound. But normally this is good enough and full volume is louder
than I would want to listen at. Maybe there's problems with the flugel version.

Paul
Rocky mountain Brassworks