Jan van der Roost -Reply

Hello George

I don*t know which information you*re especially looking for but I*ll
trie:

Jan Van der Roost is writing for the editor =22De Haske*. You should get
the music
from any editor who has a link with =22De Haske*. You could also get it
through a
shop in Belgium called =27Lemca=27 - Tel: xxxx, Fax xxxx. They will send
you the
music.
Maybe some information about the piece: it is written for his friends
Robert
Leveugle and his wife Annie, as mentioned on the piece. Robert is owning
the
shop Lemca and he is president of the BB MIDDEN BRABANT. That*s the right
name,
it is not located in Amsterdam (thanks God=21) but at 10 km from Brussels.
Never
mix up Holland with Belgium, George, or would a Scotsman like to be called
an
Englishman or vice-versa=21
Jan Van der Roost is not conducting them (Benny Wiame is) but has indeed
some
reliance with them as a former 2nd trombone and still as a house composer.
He
always tries his music with Midden-Brabant.
The piece was written on the occasion of a visit by Jan, Robert and Annie
Canterbury and I have to say the piece sounds good and has been played by
a lot
of (also international) bands. Jan*s main activity is composing for
different
types of orchestras including combinations of e.g. brassband, choir and
organ
(performed at one of the latest UK National Gala concerts, I think) or any
other. He has written a lot of other pieces: light music, solos, concert
openers, test-pieces (like Stonehenge or Excalibur - the sword of
justice,...).
It is a pretty big success and all really worth the try, apart from some
exceptions. He can be proud of his work (not much composers can say this
in
Belgium).

Good luck with it. If you or anybody would like more info, don*t hesitate
send a mail.

Edy Van Asch
Metropole Brass Band

E-mail :  EVANASCH=40INETGATE.CAPGEMINI.NL

>>> <GeorgeC2=40aol.com> 25/06/97 06:36 >>>
I=27m doing a favor for a friend not on the list.  Does anyone know how I
can
get information on Cantabury Chorale(sp) by Jan van der Roost?  I know he
cunducts the Midden Band in Amsterdam.  Anyone from the band on this list?

Thanks in advance

George
georgec2=40aol.com

--
njh=40smsltd.demon.co.uk. For information about this list, including how
=27help=27 to