Registration Cards

I am investigating new options for our registration system -

Currently we have to fill out little slips to be registered with a band.
These are submitted to our band association who hold the register. We sign
against a master list before going on stage at National Competitions (Twice
ie. each time we go on stage) We need to get clearence letters from previous
bands before transfers are possible and permits need to be approved by the
secretary etc etc. It seems a very ordinary system.
Our current cost is A$6.00 per registration. School bands can be affiliated
at a cheaper rate per band.

How does it work in your country ?

I have seen a British Brass Band Registry card at

http://www.thd-kins.demon.co.uk/stourportband/stuff/card.htm

With a photo id too. Does this system work? Is every player & conductor
registered?
Do players register with bands or do bands register their players and at
what cost?

Why have registration at all - What do you get for your money ???

All info gladly received.

Mark Strykowski
MD City of Holroyd Brass Band
Sydney, Australia