Re: Silent Brass Mute

Graham Young, trumpets and soprano cornet
Weston Silver band, Symphony Hamilton
Celebration Brass, McMaster Chamber Orchestra
gyoung@xxxxxxxx 905-575-8440

----------
> From: Jack Alexander <J.Alexander@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Silent Brass Mute
> Date: Friday, June 27, 1997 11:20 PM
>
> Sergio wrote:
>
> >> Our flugel player purchased on from Giardinelli's in the States and
when she
> >> got it the sound in the headphones at full volume was like she was
playing
> >> in the next room at ppp.  She send the mute back at her expense and
the
> >> replacement was exactly the same.

The in the ear phones that come with the mute
work fine for me. Some other brands do not match
the output. I tried one pair of cheap portable
type headphones and the volume was lacking as
described.
Very good results of both sound quality
and volume wioth the Grado SR60
An inexpensive audiophile headphone.