Re: Steve Sykes (Tubaist)

> Date:	  04 Jul 1997 16:25 EDT
> To:	    brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From:	  Harold Floysvik <hal@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:       Re: Steve Sykes (Tubaist)

> In message "Steve Sykes (Tubaist)", brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Re:Hello brass band list
> > Re:
> > Re:Can anyone tell me if Steve Sykes the tuba player has any CD's
> > Re:issued?
> > Re:
> > Re:He was guest soloist at a concert last week where I was helping out
> > Re:and I was VERY impressed!
> > Re:
> > Re:Record company, distributor and-or CD numbers would be most helpful.
> > Re:
> > Re:Thanks
> > Re:
> > Re:Ian McKechnie
> > Re:<mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> The only thing I know for sure that exists is a cassette with some
> very fine performances that he distributes himself. You'll have to try to
> contact him directly for it.
>
> Steve also recently recorded some solos with the Woods Manufacturing Co.
> Brass Band with the intent that we would put out a CD. I don't know the
> status of this effort at the moment, only that the tapes are being
> edited. Watch this space for more info at a later date.
>
> Harold (Hal) Floysvik
> EEb tuba, Woods Manufacturing Brass Band.
> hal@xxxxxxxxx
>

> --

Hal
Thanks for the note.  Do let me know what happens about the CD.

The main reason for asking is that a correspondent of mine in the US
was asking if there were any recordings.  I assume from the ".ca"
ending on your e-mail address that you are in Canada?  if so, it
would presumably be easier for him to get hold of your CD when it
appears.

I hope one of the solos was Monti's "Czardas".

Regards

Ian McKechnie
<mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>