Spousal Approval

Hello, all!

This is my first post to the Brass Band List, so your patience is
appreciated.

My work schedule appears to have cleared rehearsal night so that I may play
BBb Bass with the newly formed Prairie Brass Band in the suburbs of Chicago.
 However, I still face one major obstacle--my wife.

Don't get me wrong.  I love her dearly.  But she vehemently objects to
"another night that Daddy's not going to be home."

I may have one solution.  Although she does not play an instrument, she is a
professional singer (soprano).  What works have been written for Brass Band
with soprano solo?  (Note the strategy: she may resign to "if you can't beat
'em, join 'em.")

I've taken other steps to get her enthused (or at least tolerant) of Brass
Band activity: I took her to an Illinois Brass Band concert; I'm taking her
to the movies (3 guesses which current film, the second 2 guesses don't
count).

Certainly others have had to deal with spousal disinterest, disdain,
disapproval, disgust (heavens, no!) of Brass Band activity.  Are there any
other suggestions of how to deal with this dilemma?

Kindest regards to all,

Steve Marcus
http://www2.qrsmusic.com/qrsmusic/Mrktng/Dealers/Butsound/BeautSound.htm
http://www.steinway.com