Re: Steve Sykes (Tubaist)

Ian McKechnie wrote:

> Hello brass band list
>
> Can anyone tell me if Steve Sykes the tuba player has any CD's
> issued?
>
> He was guest soloist at a concert last week where I was helping out
> and I was VERY impressed!
>
> Record company, distributor and-or CD numbers would be most helpful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian McKechnie
> <mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> --

Gudday, Ian
Steve to my knowledge has no CD's out solely featuring him as a soloist.
He is, however featured on two of Grimethorpe's recordings, namely
"Firebird" from the early '80s now available on CD on which he plays
Golland's "Scherzo for Tuba" and on a vinyl recording "Grimethorpe
Entertains" which (along with most pieces from their stunning Granada
Programme of 1985) features Monti's "Czardas". Both are worth hunting
down, but the "Best of British" in finding the latter!!
Cheers,
Adrian J. Raven