Re: Vancouver in August

Goodwin John wrote:

> Well well, this IS interesting because I am in Vancouver on hols from
> 17th August for two weeks too!
>
> Anyone else on the band list want to do an instant band there?
> On second thoughts, after organising the Cyberband this year I'd settle
> for a quiet rehearsal somewhere,
> still have not got over it!
>
> John Goodwin
> Principal Cornet, Egham Band
> Trumpet, Royal Scam Soul band
> Principal Cornet, Cyberband '97
> goodwinj@xxxxxxxxxx
>  ----------
> From: David Morris
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Vancouver in August
> Date: 09 July 1997 23:26
>
> Is anything happening brass wise, does anyone know, in the Vancouver
> area in the second week of August '97 ? I ask because I'm visiting
> Vancouver for my hols and it would be nice to hear a "foreign" band
> playing.
>
> Replies by either email address to avoid clogging the list please.
>  --
> David Morris, Solo Cornet, Killamarsh Silver Band, NE Derbyshire, UK
> email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx work: david@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Visit Killamarsh Band at	http://www.davidm.demon.co.uk
> Sheffield Steelers webpages     http://www.steelers.co.uk
>
>  --
> njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For information about this list, including how

# Netscape folder cache

Greetings from Vancouver B.C.

I have your message and as of this date, to my knowledge there are no
programmes scheduled by the bands in this area. You might wish to check
with Little Mountain Brass Band who are supposedly on the list of Brass
Band World, they might be able to give you more information. To my
knowledge they and Cambie Street Brass Band, both of which are not true
British B B's, as they use trumpets and French Horns, are the only two
bands in this area. The other bands being of course those of Southmount
Citadel, and Cariboo Temple Salvation Army. Being summer, the attendance
is very sparse for both of these bands. I do not believe they even
practise during the summer. I have a feeling there might be a bit of
blowing by Cariboo around the 21st of Aug in the evening when they
welcome the new Divisional Commander to the division. Of course this will
be a religious service and not a band concert.
You see what we are faced with out in this neck of the woods all of the
time. We would welcome a tour from a good Brit Band any time and I am
sure the attendance would be good.

Regards,
Larry White