Re: Willy Lang - request for information

The foloowing appeared on the trumpet players list.  Can anyone help
with details of Willy Lang's present address ?

Either post it to the list, and I will forward it, or send it to me
(mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or send it direct to Clyde at
(bflatmus@xxxxxxxxx).

Message follows :

> Willy Lang!  One of my heroes, as a lad. He was Mr. Best's favorite
> cornetist. Specifically, I remember his "Bless This House" and
> "Facilita"- 78 rpm records, about 1948 thru 1953. Mr. Best always said,
> "Willy wraps each tone in silver foil, before sending sending them on to
> us".  I am delighted to hear that he is still with us! Perhaps Ian, or
> others from our British Brass Band contingent might know if it possible
> to contact him?
>
> Clyde
>
> While I'm at it, I'd sure like to know if anyone knows how to contact
> Ralph White? I think he would be about 60 - 65 years old.  The last I
> knew, his cousin Charlie Best said that Ralph was a cornetist with one
> of the Collierey (Sp?) bands, though I can't recall the name of the
> band.
>
> I'd be delighted to hear from anyone re. either of these two gentlemen

By the way, thanks toall those who responded to my request for
information about Steve Sykes's recordings.  I didn't manage to reply
to everyone personally, but all the help was gratefully received.

Ian McKechnie
<mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>