Re: Getzen Cornets (a bit of satire!)

Guy Clarke wrote:

cut/cut

> With a good, deep mouthpiece, the Getzen cornet is about as good a system as
> you can get without spending well over US$1000, IMHO.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Guy Clark
> guyclark@xxxxxxx

Dear Guy, Martin, and Brass Band List.

For what it's worth, I play a silver, shepherd's crook, Getzen Capri
Cornet. I paid $150.00 (US) for it, including a couple of
turn-of-the-century, narrow-rimmed, "cookie cutter" mouthpieces, at a
flea market.  This instrument is amazing, as it does anything I make
it do.! (grin)

It worked beautifully on my two CD'S : Hunt Plays / Hunt Teaches
ARBAN,  and also for my recording of the H.L.Clarke CHARACTERISTIC
STUDIES. Please stop our website, where you can download an excerpt
from ARBAN and others.

Perhaps we would all do well to remember an old "saw" (slightly
paraphrased) : "It ain't what you play, it's the way that you "play"
it". :>)

Keep 'Em Flying!
Clyde E. Hunt

http://www.erols.com/bflatmus