From: Dashman
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 1997 3:44 AM
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: Email controversy, change of topic

>   Personally, I don't like the Besson Sovereign, even though that is
>   the "official cornet of the Illinois Brass Band" , but that is a personal
>   bias, based mostly on their mechanical robustness and valve action, as I
>   perceive them.  YMMD!

I have two of the band's Sovereign cornets.  One is probably about 15 years'
old, plays very well, and is the one I use.  The other is perhaps four or five

years' old, and is horrible to play, mostly on account of poor intonnation and

dead feel/tone.  I know a couple of others who feel exactly the same;  maybe
they went through a bad patch?

Darren

--
Darren Ashman,