Re: Email controversy, change of topic

At 23:50 9/08/97 +1200, you wrote:
>Kevin & Pam Smith wrote:
>>

>> > I have two of the band's Sovereign cornets.  One is probably about 15
>> years'
>>

>Hi, Kevin.
>Just a quick note, regarding choice of cornets. My band (Concept Brass)
>play Courtois 106 model cornets and a 107 soprano. They are beautifully
>made, and have good intonation and sound. They are definitely worth a
>look.
>Also, if B&S are available in the UK, try out the new B&S 3141
>
>Cheers, A.J.Raven

This is interesting Adrian.  Our band  (St Kilda,   Dunedin.) just tried out
a Courtois cornet (unsure of model).  We gave to our principal cornet John
Lewis for a week ort so.  He said that it did make a nice sound but was
prone to sounding over blown in the mid register, as opposed to the besson
which he considered did not have this problem.
Also, he thought that for an instument which is going to probably have to
last 20 years in a band environment (different and varied players) the
Courtois was just a little lightly engineered, for example water keys and
trigger mechanisms.
The debate will no doubt continue,
			Nick Wood.