Re: Please help me locate a brass band

Hello Martin,

There is a national level brass band organization in the US.  It's
called NABBA (North American Brass Band Association), and their
web page is at:

www.nabba.org

Don't use nabba.com -- that gets you the National Amateur Body-
Builders Association

The membership chairman is a gentleman named Bert Wiley, who
also runs Bernel Music, which is a major supplier of brass band
music and recordings to people on this side of the Atlantic.
Bert can be reached at bernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or at
(704) 293-9312.  Bert lives in Cullowhee, NC and is associated
with the Smoky Mountain Brass Band, of western NC.

The president of NABBA is Ron Holz, at Asbury College in Kentucky.
Ron's email is ronald.holz@xxxxxxxxxx and his phone number is
(606) 858-3511 Ext. 2246

All that said, I don't know of any NABBA bands in the Atlanta
area; there may be professional brass bands (actually a rare
concept in this country) or Salvation Army brass bands, but
the closest NABBA Band to you is (one moment while I pull out
my US map) either Queen City Brass (in Charlotte, NC) or
the one in Western NC.  Or -- how close are you to Bainbridge,
GA?  I see one listed at Bainbridge College, but I don't
have an email address or phone number for it.

Good luck in your search.  If all else fails, get some of your
fellow Atlanta-area brass players together and start one!

Connie Varner
Triangle Brass Band,
North Carolina