Re: B&S Instruments

Trond Otto Berg wrote:

> David Cooper wrote:
> >
> > >Also, if B&S are available in the UK, try out the new B&S 3141
> >
> > Has anyone else come across this make? Maybe I'm just ignorant but I've
> > never heard of them! Are they available in the UK?
> > --
> > David Cooper
> >
> I dont know if they are available in the UK, but I have tryed one of
> them.  I dont know the model number, but it was the cheapest of their
> cornet models, and I think it was too expensive according to the sound
> and quality.  I was "easy" to play, and gave no/very litle resictance
> when playing nd blowing into it.  I think it maybe is a good instrument
> for beginners/intermedians, but is to light to more advanced playing.  I
> think the sound "braks"/get sparkling(ugly)  very easy, so for the price
> in Norway (about NKR 9000,- (=GBP 850,-)) there are many instruments
> that are much better and suitable for the purpose.( eks. B&H 700 series)
> I have not tried the upper models, so I can not tell you anything about
> them.
>
> --
>   Trond  Otto Berg
>   Principal
>   Stranda Music School, Norway
>
> --

The model of cornet I refer to is the 3141, pro. model. It has been
tried here in New Zealand by some of the better players around and they
all have very positive things to say about it. It comes with triggers on
1st & 3rd and is available in lacquer, silverplate and sterling silver.
The most common remark is about its free blowing qualities and its easy
high register. The valve action is smooth and quiet and are not prone to
the usual "stickiness" of some other brands I would do well not to
mention!
I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Adrian J. Raven