Re: Brassed Off Down Under

Jack,

Thanks for pointing that newspaper article out in the Sydney Morning
Herald...it is indeed a splendid photo.  I loved the quote from Wendy
Stenning  of the Yagoona band also.  She said, in part, "Brass are
social instruments.  Right from the start you play with everyone else.
And when the conductor asks who hit the wrong note we all point at
someone else.  You never admit it's you."  Great fun!

Thanks,
Jay

Jack Alexander wrote:

> The movie "Brassed Off" started screening in Sydney last week after being
> the opening film at the Melbourne Film Festival.   Sydney newspapers have
> given it good revies...SNIP...  and splendid photo of Our
> Beloved Leader Cliff Goodchild.
> SNIP
> you can read the article (and see the pictures) on:
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/daily/content/970818/national/national3.html
SNIP