Re: Kneller Hall (Slightly off topic)

On Tue 19 Aug 97 (13:08:56 +0000), aingerc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>What can you tell me about Kneller Hall?
>
>I understand it's a (THE?) military school of music in the UK. If so,
>which branch of the forces? I have also heard they perform for the
>public throughout the summer in quite spectacular fashion. Anybody ever
>been? Anybody know how to get in touch?

Hi Chris

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me would answer this one for you,
but as I have seen no response to your message I will tell you what little I
know.

Kneller Hall is in Twickenham, Middlesex, England. It is the central college
for British army musicians. I believe there has been talk of sping similar
colleges for other wings of the armed forces and bringing them all together
under one roof, namely Kneller Hall.

I do believe that they do summer concerts in the grounds of the college. The
college certainly does turn out some very fine musicians.

For further information, I suggest you contact Captain Paul L. Murrell, Bursary
project officer, Royal School of Music. I only have a phone number which is:

+44 (0) 181 898 5533 (leave out the zero if calling from abroad)

Cheers, Adrian
--
 /    \ _| (_)___   _____ ADRIAN DROVER
|__/\__\___|_\___/____)   http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/adios/